MX Player 1.9.8 APK for Android Specifications
|Updated||September 17, 2017|
|Requires||Android 4.0 and up|
MX Player / Description
1 HARDWARE ACCELERATION
Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
2 MULTI-CORE DECODING
MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
3 PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN
Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
4 SUBTITLE GESTURES
Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
5 KIDS LOCK
MX Player 1.9.8 APK for Android
– DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
– SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
– SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
MX Player needs permissions on the following categories:
* “Access Photos/Media/Files” permission to read your all media files on your storage
* “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” permission is required in order to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” permission is required in order to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE” and “ACCESS_WIFI_STATE” permissions are required in order to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking, etc.
INTERNET” permission is required in order to play internet streams.
VIBRATE” permission is required in order to controls the vibration feedbacks.
BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected.
WAKE_LOCK” permission is required in order to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” permission is required in order to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
DISABLE_KEYGUARD” permission is required in order to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
MX Player / Screenshots
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
MX Player / Changelog / What’s New in v1.9.8
- Improvements on HEVC 12bit playback
- Fixed some start up crashes
- Fixed some crashes related to media scanner
- Fixed an issue with pinch zooming which affects the aspect ratio
- Fixed some issues related to Previous/Next buttons
- Fixed a rare blank video playback issue with HW+
- Fixed an issue related to permission request
- Fixed some SSA subtitle rendering issues
- TV mode option is now hidden on non TV devices with touchscreen to avoid accidental brightness/volume gesture issues